Job Opportunity: Prescribed Fire Burn Boss/ Jay, OK
The Prescribed Fire Burn Boss coordinates day-to-day activities of the prescribed fire crew and participates in wildland fire operations which include ignition, control, mop-up, suppression, monitoring, etc. The Prescribed Fire Burn Boss will participate in preparing fire lines, maintaining equipment, post-burn monitoring and other tasks. May perform other natural resources management and all-hazards incident response duties when conditions are not conducive to prescribed fire.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate safely within a project budget.
- Function as both leader and member of a work team, in a high stress team environment.
- Convey work instructions to Burn Crewmembers.
- Monitor the progress of Burn Crewmembers toward achieving fire management goals.
- Makes decisions on the fire line based upon evaluation of fire behavior, available resources and judgment.
- Perform other duties when conditions are not conducive to prescribed fire.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances
For more information, click here.