Job Announcement: Wildland Firefighter (Forestry Technician)/ Glenrock, WY
CHLOETA FIRE is recruiting a number of individuals to fulfill positions under existing governmental contracts as wildland fire crewmembers on wildfires, prescribed burns, and all-hazards incidents. Work may include staffing engines, hand crews, dozers or helicopters. These are entry level and experienced Wildland Firefighter positions and pay is dependent upon experience and qualifications. Statewide travel is frequently necessary to wildfires and prescribed burns with all travel expenses compensated by the company. Extensive opportunities exist for overtime while assigned to wildfires and prescribed burns.
- Recruits must be able to successfully serve as crewmember on a wildland fire crew
- Able to pass DOT medical physical
- Clean driving record for the past three (3) yearsUS Citizen
- Recruits should be willing and expect to travel extensively and be assigned to incidents for up to fourteen (14) to twenty-one (21) days at a time
- Rookie personnel will be provided with the necessary training (Basic Wildland Firefighter; S-130, S-190, ICS-100, IS-800, L-180) prior to beginning work
- Rookie personnel will be provided with a Work Capacity Test prior to beginning work
- Preference will be given to applicants residing within a two (2) hour travel time of a Chloeta base
For more information, click here.